T-Rex Sealant And Adhesives Crystal 290ml T-Rex Crystal is a high quality, crystal clear, neutral, elastic, single component sealant/adhesive based on SMX®-Polymer. T-Rex Sealant And Adhesives Crystal 290ml
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Crystal clear formulation
- Excellent adhesion on nearly all surfaces, even if slightly moist
- Very good mechanical characteristics
- Impervious to mould, contains ZnP (biocide with fungicidal action)
- Suitable for sanitary applications
- Ecological advantages – free of isocyanates, solvents, halogens and acids
- Minimal health and safety considerations
- Can be painted with water based paints and a number of other systems (preliminary test required)
- Food safe
All interior and exterior bonding and sealing applications. Transparent and elastic bonding in many different construction and building applications. Interior bonding of glass and other transparent materials (cannot be used as a glazing sealant).
- 290 mL cartridge
- 125 mL squeeze tube
T-Rex Sealant And Adhesives – Crystal 290ml
T-Rex Crystal is the most versatile transparent adhesive/sealant on the market. It is based on the unique SMX technology developed by Soudal. Although it is not a silicone sealant, the product has excellent UV resistance and elasticity. Although it is not an acrylic sealant, it can be painted with most types of paint. Although it is not a PU it has outstanding bonding strength.
It can be used for application both inside and outside and bonds to most of the usual building substrates. T-Rex Crystal is free of solvents, isocyanates or acids. Due to its high translucency it can be used for invisible bonding of glass to glass.
Instructions for use:
- Surface must be clean and free of duct and grease
- Cut off tip of the cartridge, trim the nozzle to the required opening size
- Insert the cartridge into an appropriate sealant tool
- For bonding: Apply in dots or beads onto one of the surfaces and press together strongly. Leave to cure. The product reaches its end strength within 24 hours.
- For sealing: manufacturer recommends that the width of the joint should be equal to the depth of the joint. Smoothen the sealant with soapy solution before skin formation.
- Application temperature: between +5c and 35c. Temperature resistance -40c up to +90c once fully cured
- Most types of plastic (not PE and PP)
- Decoration elements
- Insulation materials
T-Rex Crystal has an excellent adhesion to the usual building surfaces. It has been tested on the following metal surfaces: steel, AlMgSi1, brass, electrolytic galvanised steel, AlCuMg1, flame galvanised steel, AlMg3 and steel ST1403. Plastics that were tested include: polystyrene, polycarbonate (Makrolon®), PVC, polyamide, glass fibre reinforced epoxy and polyester (GRP).
NOTICE: bonding plastics like polycarbonate (ie Makrolon® or Lexan®) in stress loaded applications can give rise to stress cracking and crazing in these substrates.
The use of T-Rex Crystal is not recommended in these applications. There is no adhesion on PE, PP, PTFE (Teflon®), PMMA (ie Plexi® glass), silicones and bituminous
substrates. While producing plastics very often releasing agents, processing aids and other protective agents (like protection foil) are used. These should be removed prior to bonding. For optimum adhesion the use of Surface Activator is recommended.
Nature: clean, free of dust and grease
Priming: Porous surfaces in water loaded applications should be primed with Primer 150. Surface Activator may be used on non-porous surfaces. We recommend preliminary compatibility tests previous to application.
- T-Rex Crystal may be overpainted, however due to the large number of paints and varnishes available we strongly suggest a compatibility test before application. The drying time of alkyd resin based paints may increase.
- Due to the wide variety of possible substrates, Soudal recommends a preliminary compatibility test.
- T-Rex Crystal can be applied to a wide variety of substrates. Due to the fact that specific substrates such as plastics, like polycarbonate, etc, may differ from manufacturer to manufacturer, we recommend preliminary compatibility test.
- Not suitable for dilatation joints
- Do not use in applications where continuous water immersion is possible or in sanitary applications
- T-Rex Crystal displays very good UV stability but may discolour in extreme conditions or after long term exposure
- This product can not be used as a glazing sealant
- T-Rex Crystal cannot be used on natural stone. Because the adhesion surface will discolour under influence of the sealant (looks wet) and because this is visible through the crystal clear sealant it seems like staining has occurred